McGill University is seeking a Systems Administrator, Storage Systems to take a significant role in the operations, maintenance of present and planning for future initiatives in the area of Advanced Research Computing (ARC) and specifically the large-scale, multi-PetaByte data storage platform. Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations of the McGill High Performance Computing Centre (“HPC Centre”), the incumbent will work within the Calcul Québec organization and join a vibrant team of HPC systems administrators and analysts across several Quebec institutions. It is an opportunity to be working with leading edge technology and a team that has installed and operated supercomputers in the Top 500.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The systems administrator will be responsible for the core operations, maintenance and growth planning for the HPC Centre’s storage systems and servers based upon Lustre, and specifically the multi-PetaByte tape backup and archive environment.
- Perform daily routine maintenance such as reviewing activity logs, performing TSM database and storage pool maintenance, and on-site and off-site tape management.
- Installation and maintenance of TSM server and client environments.
- Server client troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Manage future software upgrades of the TSM environment.
- Perform proactive maintenance and tuning to all elements of the TSM environment including libraries and host operating systems.
- Provide operational statistics, performance metrics and forecasting data to management.
- Establish clear and thorough documentation regarding the TSM and storage environments.
- Deliver reliable and high performance access to storage in a high availability environment for storage operations including multipath and automated failover.
The deadline to apply for this position is March 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Read the full job description on McGill University’s Career website.