McGill University is seeking a senior analyst specializing in fields related to artificial intelligence (AI), including deep learning, reinforcement learning, and decision support or transfer learning, to assist researchers from different disciplines in using automatic learning techniques in their field of research. Reporting to the Scientific Director of the McGill High Performance Computing Centre (“HPC Centre”), the incumbent will work within the Calcul Québec organization and join a vibrant team of HPC analysts and scientists across several Quebec institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support researchers in their use of state-of-the-art advanced computing resources, in a general sense. In particular, support researchers in fields related to artificial intelligence and data analytics
- Enable researchers from different disciplines in using automatic learning techniques appropriate to their research field.
- Develop and deliver technical documentation and training materials adapted to the needs of specific users
- Advise researchers about available resources, software and hardware, tools, and techniques and provide guidance and training to users as needed.
- Install and maintain relevant software packages.
- Liaise closely with the scientific community in order to fully grasp the evolving needs of researchers, especially as related to AI.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Read the full job description for more details.