Online Spring School 2021
From May 4 to 27, Calcul Québec is offering a series of workshops in advanced research computing. These workshops will allow you to learn both theoretical and practical skills that can be directly applied to your research work.
About the school
Calcul Québec’s spring school is organized every year to help graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, researchers and professionals from the private sector to use advanced computing resources effectively.
This year, we have chosen to offer an online program of several workshops during the month of May. Each workshop costs $10 (academic rate) or $200 (non-academic rate) and you can register for as many workshops as you wish. Registration for an event includes at least a half-day training session in the morning, and a question and answer period in the afternoon. Most presentations are in French and questions can be answered in English or French.
Who should attend?
- Graduate and undergraduate students
- Private sector professionals
- Intro à la ligne de commandes Unix
- Premier pas sur les serveurs de calculs
- Introduction à la programmation avec Python
- Prétraitement des données avec OpenRefine
- Analyse de données et visualisation avec Python
- Vectorization and Optimization (in English)
- Analyse de données massives avec Spark
- Programmation parallèle avec MPI
- Programmation parallèle avec OpenMP
- Introduction to GPU Programming with Python (in English)
- Programmation GPU avec OpenACC
For more information and to register
Important: Please note that we close registrations 1 or 2 days before each workshop.